Let a Billings Multi-Vehicle Accident Lawyer Help You Get Fair Compensation
Multi-vehicle accidents can be extraordinarily complex. Why? It can be difficult to identify who is at fault, or there may be multiple parties at fault. Also, each of the parties involved may have very different versions of what happened to cause the car accident. In addition to the factual challenges, there will likely be multiple insurance companies involved. All of these factors can lead to delays, denials, and disputes. An experienced Billings multi-vehicle accident lawyer can help you untangle the situation so that you can get fair compensation for your injuries as quickly as possible.
The Challenges Posed by Multi-Vehicle Accident Cases
To understand why multi-vehicle car accidents are so challenging, it is helpful to breakdown the factors involved:
- There may be more than one at-fault party
- There may be multiple people who are injured, either in the same vehicle or in multiple vehicles
- Some drivers may be uninsured or underinsured
- There may not be sufficient insurance coverage to pay all claims
- Conflicting factual and legal claims between drivers
Your accident may involve one or many of these factors. An experienced Billings multi-vehicle accident lawyer will be able to overcome these factors to help you get the compensation you need.
How Multi-Vehicle Car Accidents Happen in Montana and Wyoming
Multi-vehicle accidents can arise in almost any situation, but there are often common underlying factors. An experienced Billings multi-vehicle accident lawyer will be able to sort through what happened, which will help you make a successful claim. Here are some of the most common scenarios that lead to multi-vehicle accidents:
- Heavy traffic conditions, particularly stop-and-go traffic
- Poor visibility or slick road surfaces due to inclement weather
- Two vehicles colliding and blocking an intersection or travel lanes
- One vehicle getting rear-ended and pushed into the vehicle in front
- Side-impact collisions that cause the vehicle to crash into other vehicles in adjacent lanes
Can There Be Multiple At-Fault Parties for a Car Accident?
Many of these scenarios are “chain reaction” accidents where one accident leads to several others. This doesn’t necessarily mean that the driver who started the chain reaction is solely responsible for all of the subsequent collisions. Other drivers may share responsibility for the following reasons:
Determining liability in a multi-vehicle accident can be very difficult for non-lawyers. A Billings multi-vehicle accident lawyer will be able to review the facts of your case and determine which party or parties should be held responsible.
Contact a Billings Multi-Vehicle Accident Lawyer Today
If you have been injured in a multi-vehicle car accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical expenses, lost income, pain, suffering, and other losses. Billings multi-vehicle accident lawyer Jim Ragain has decades of experience helping injured people across the state of Montana and in Wyoming rebuild their lives by getting them fair compensation. To discuss your case and learn more about how we can help, call us at 406-651-8888 or complete our online contact form to schedule your free consultation.