Bicycle Accident Attorneys Serving Montana and Wyoming
Suffering traumatic injuries in a bicycle accident can be a life-altering experience. Whether you are able to make a full recovery or your injuries prevent you from ever riding again, the experience of being hit by a vehicle will impact you for the rest of your life.
Ragain & Clark, PC is committed to fighting for the legal rights of injured bicycle riders. Our attorneys have more than 40 years of experience handling personal injury claims in Wyoming and Montana, and we have recovered millions of dollars in compensation for our clients’ losses. We intentionally limit our caseload so that we can provide each client with the caring and personalized attention they deserve, and we use aggressive case strategies to secure maximum compensation as quickly as possible.
- “Ragain and Clark found insurance coverage that applied to my case that I did not even know existed.”
- “Thank you for all of the legal help you have given me over the years. You are so generous and kind.”
- “The brief you filed was readable and easily understood. Polite, yet demanding. I have a new appreciation for the great job you and your team did with our response. Nice work! Please share my appreciation with all who helped.”
Knowledgeable Lawyers for Complex Bicycle Accident Claims
While accidents involving motor vehicles and bicycles may seem straightforward, the reality is that these cases are often highly-complex and involve multiple parties, insurance companies and theories of liability. Common factors in bicycle accidents include:
- Driver Negligence – Driver negligence is a leading cause of bicycle accidents. Depending on the facts involved, more than one driver could potentially be responsible for the accident. For example, if the driver who hit you swerved in order to avoid being hit by someone else, both drivers could be at fault.
- Employer Liability – If the person who struck you was driving within the scope of employment, then his or her employer could be liable for your injuries.
- Vehicle Defects and Maintenance Issues – From tire defects to faulty brakes, vehicle defects and maintenance issues are factors in more accidents than most people realize.
- Road Defects and Maintenance Issues – Low shoulders, potholes, blind curves, and other road defects and maintenance issues are potential factors in bicycle accidents as well.
- Bicycle and Helmet Defects – Did a component of your bicycle fail and worsen the accident? Did your helmet fail to protect you? Even if a driver hit you, issues with your bicycle, helmet or other riding gear could provide you with claims against the designer or manufacturer.
When you have a bicycle accident claim, the insurance companies will do everything in their power (and sometimes more) to deny you just compensation. In order to negotiate a settlement, you need to be able to convince them that it is not worth taking your case to court.
At Ragain & Clark, PC, we are trial lawyers. The insurance companies know we will not back down and they understand that they cannot employ their usual tactics to take advantage of our clients. Insurers also know that we take serious cases, our lawyers will not hesitate to go to court, and we will not stop fighting until we have won the financial compensation our client deserves.
Schedule a Free Bicycle Accident Consultation
If you have been seriously injured in a bicycle accident in Montana or Wyoming, we encourage you to contact us promptly for a free initial consultation. To speak with one of our experienced attorneys in confidence, call 406-651-8888 or contact us online now.