Personal Injury Attorneys in Billings, MT and Worland, WY
At Ragain & Clark, PC, we are passionate about protecting the rights of the injured in complex personal injury cases. Our Worland and Billings personal injury attorneys represent individuals who have sustained severe injuries arising from a variety of catastrophic events. These injuries may have rendered them incapable of working or lead to substantial impairments in other aspects of their lives. We have more than 40 years’ experience fighting for the rights of Montana and Wyoming accident victims, and we are ready to help you.
When you’ve been harmed by the actions of another, you deserve justice. Every accident is different, but if you suffered physical injuries, your medical bills will continue despite your inability to work and earn a salary. Personal injury lawsuits are an important tool for securing the compensation you need to pay medical costs, bills, and other expenses in the wake of an accident.
If you’ve been injured due to another’s negligence, recklessness, or intentional misconduct in Montana or Wyoming, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. Our attorneys have compassion for our clients and a passion for justice. Ragain & Clark, PC will work tirelessly to pursue fair and just compensation on your behalf and get you back on your feet.
*Personal Injury Verdicts & Settlements
Below are a few select verdicts we have secured in personal injury cases:
- 2M - Wrongful death nursing home
- 1.7M - Fraudulent stock sale
- 1.2M - Negligent security guard
- 1M - Motor vehicle wrongful death
- 1M - Medical malpractice
- 1M - Motor vehicle wrongful death
- 750k - Adoption agency negligence
- 680k - Motor vehicle collision
- 650k - Truck driver negligence
- 650k - Product liability seat belt
- 600k - Negligent landlord
- 400k - Negligent optometrist
- 380k - Medical malpractice
- 350k - Product liability auto roof
- 300k - Horseback injury
- 300k - Product liability table saw
- 300k - Trucking accident
- 175k - Product liability firearm
What Cases Will a Billings Personal Injury Attorney Accept?
Many people equate the term “personal injury” with car accident cases. While car accidents tend to be the bulk of cases that personal injury lawyers handle, personal injury encompasses a much broader variety of cases than many people assume. If you’ve suffered an injury caused by someone else, a Billings personal injury attorney can help you navigate the claim process to get the compensation you need.
Most personal injury cases are the result of negligence. Negligence is essentially when someone unintentionally causes an accident by failing to take reasonable care from causing injury to someone else. The person who is at fault didn’t intend to cause your injury but caused it through their carelessness.
Determining whether the other party was negligent is not as simple as it sounds. It requires a careful examination of the facts and a determination of whether they failed to act in a manner consistent with what a reasonably prudent person would do under the same or similar circumstances. While the facts of your case are critical, what constitutes negligence is largely shaped by legal precedence. In difficult cases, a Billings personal injury attorney may be necessary to make sure your claim is successful.
Some injury cases are the result of intentional actions. In those cases, you don’t need to determine whether the other party was negligent. While these cases can be more straightforward than a negligence case, you will still have to prove your claim. In addition, you also need to make sure that the insurance company pays the full value of your claim so that you don’t wind up with lost income or unpaid medical bills.
Common Types of Personal Injury Cases
As mentioned, there is a wide variety of personal injury cases that a Billings personal injury attorney should routinely handle:
- Premises liability cases: these are commonly referred to as “slip and fall” cases. Property owners have a legal obligation to ensure that their property is safe for visitors, guests, customers, or anyone else who has either express or implied permission to be on their property. Their obligation to ensure your safety includes the duty to properly maintain the premises or warn you of potential hazards that they cannot immediately address.
- Nursing home negligence and abuse: Sadly, there are many cases where those who are in long-term care facilities do not receive the care they deserve or suffer emotional or physical abuse. A Billings personal injury attorney can hold them accountable for any injuries, illnesses, or other harms that your loved one may have suffered due to their negligence or intentional abuse.
- Medical malpractice: These are cases where you suffered harm or illness due to your health care provider’s failure to provide proper care. These are some of the most complicated personal injury cases you can face as determining whether the doctor or hospital failed to meet the applicable standard of care is quite difficult.
- Dog bite cases: dog owners have a responsibility to ensure that their dogs are under control at all times. Dog attacks can result in serious injuries. If the owner failed to keep the dog under control and it bit you, the owner may be held liable for your medical expenses and other losses.
- Wrongful death cases: A Billings personal injury lawyer should also handle cases that go beyond injury. If a family member has died as a result of someone else’s negligence or intentional act, you can hold them liable for any medical and funeral expenses, as well as the value of their life.
We Tackle Complex Cases
Our seasoned lawyers perform extensive accident investigation, with the help of experts from various fields, to identify the parties at fault, determine the cause of the accident, track down medical records and guide you through the process. While we settle cases when it is in the client’s best interest, we are experienced in the courtroom and not afraid to take a case to trial.
Contact a Billings personal injury attorney at our firm for a free and confidential evaluation of your personal injury claim. We help people like you who have had their future stripped away by a life-changing tragedy. Our compassionate legal team will advise on what steps you should take to secure the justice you deserve. We value each of our clients and we take the time to provide straightforward answers and advice.
Personal Injury FAQs Answered by Our Montana and Wyoming Personal Injury Lawyers
What compensation can a Billings personal injury lawyer pursue?
Damages in a personal injury lawsuit may include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:
- Medical expenses
- Wage loss
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Property loss
Damages may vary depending on the particularities of the case and losses suffered, but we will fight tirelessly to secure maximum compensation.
What is the deadline for filing my personal injury lawsuit?
Each state has its own statute of limitations that serves as a deadline for bringing a lawsuit in state or federal court. The type of claim can affect statute of limitations, but as a general rule, Montana’s limitation is three years from the date of the accident or injury. Wyoming's statute of limitations is two years.
Is settling ever the best option in a personal injury case?
Settlements are common for good reason. Most critically, settlements provide the parties an opportunity to minimize the uncertainty inherent in the dispute. Montana and Wyoming both take fault into account when determining whether the plaintiff’s claim will prevail, as well as how much compensation can be awarded.
Negotiating a settlement might be a reasonable option given the costs of litigation and the uncertainty of the outcome. Sometimes by proceeding to trial you risk receiving less money or even nothing. Our trained attorneys will help you evaluate all options and will aggressively advocate for you during settlement negotiations or trial.
Contact an Experienced Billings Personal Injury Attorney at Ragain & Clark for Help in Montana and Wyoming
At Ragain & Clark, PC, our attorneys have more than four decades of experience taking cases to trial. We are aggressive and battle-tested. Our trial experience gives us significant leverage in settlement negotiations; the defendant must negotiate in a manner that is favorable to the interests of our client, as they know that we are capable and willing to take a case to trial.
As former defense lawyers, our attorneys have experience on both sides of a dispute, giving us insight into the strategies and tactics employed by defendants and how best to overcome them.
To learn more about our services and how we can assist you throughout the process, call 406-651-8888 or send us a message online to schedule an initial consultation with a Billings personal injury attorney. Your consultation is free and confidential.
If you are located in Wyoming, such as Cody, Powell, Thermopolis and Basin, contact us to meet with an experienced Worland personal injury lawyer there as well.
*Past results should not be construed to create an expectation of result in any other case. The facts and circumstances of your case may be different and must be evaluated on its own merit.