Cody Personal Injury Attorney for Negligence and Injury Claims
In the blink of an eye, your day could start as a normal Monday morning where you wake up, make your coffee, read the morning news, hop in the car to head to work at the normal 7:00 a.m. departure time, and then out of nowhere your morning is dramatically interrupted by an unexpected accident. Depending on the accident, nature of the injuries, and the insurance companies involved, dealing with a personal injury claim like this one can be stressful and in some situations complicated. When injured by the negligence of another party, a Cody personal injury attorney can help you.
How a Cody Personal Injury Attorney Can Help You and Your Family
An attorney can help you or a loved one after suffering from a personal injury caused by the negligence of a third party. An experienced personal injury attorney can advise you as to your rights and help you negotiate and obtain the compensation you deserve.
Personal injury lawyers can help you assess your claim to determine whether it is viable or not and whether your case would be likely to yield a worthwhile settlement. Injury law firms also can help advise you when your case needs to head to court.
Communicate with the Insurance Company
Personal injury claims often require dealing with insurance companies. Often insurance companies are interested in settling claims quickly for as little as possible and often are not concerned with what is in the best interest of an injured party. A Cody personal injury attorney can represent you and handle all communications with the insurance company on your behalf, which often reduces stress and anxiety and may help increase the settlement amount a client may receive.
Organize Your Medical Records, Highlighting Long-term Impacts
If you or a loved one are injured from a negligent accident, an attorney may be able to recommend some medical testing that you may want to obtain after speaking with a qualified medical professional such as special medical testing, x rays, and physical therapy, among other treatments. A Cody personal injury attorney may also be able to highlight some long-term effects that your injury may have on you and your family that you need to take into consideration when negotiating a final settlement.
A Cody Personal Injury Lawyer Can Negotiate a Settlement
Our legal team also has the ability to assess a fair settlement figure for a variety of different claims. Once an estimate is determined, a Cody personal injury attorney can make a demand to the insurance carrier on your behalf to negotiate a settlement. Sometimes this is even done presuit. In the event you are unable to negotiate a fair settlement, an attorney can final a lawsuit on your behalf helping you navigate through the legal obstacle course that may be necessary to help you obtain the compensation you deserve.
Types of Injury Cases We Handle
At Ragain & Clark, PC, we do more than handle motor vehicle accident cases - we are a full-service injury law firm. Our Cody personal injury attorney has deep experience in handling all types of personal injury cases, including the following:
- Premises liability and slip and fall cases - These are situations where someone is injured on another person’s property due to the owner or occupant’s negligence in maintaining the property. In addition to injuries resulting from falling, these cases include injuries due to inadequate security or injuries caused by fire or electrocution.
- Product liability - This generally involves injuries that arise from products that are defective due to how they were designed or flaws in the manufacturing process. Product liability cases also include situations where people are injured due to inadequate labeling or poor instructions regarding the use of the product.
- Dog bite and animal attacks - These include situations in which injuries are sustained as a result of being bitten by a dog or attacked by another animal, either on public property or on someone else’s property.
- Medical malpractice - This includes injuries that arise from a doctor or other medical care provider’s failure to meet the standard of care. These cases include surgical errors, birth injuries, prescription errors, and failures to properly diagnose an illness or disease.
- Nursing home negligence and abuse - These are cases where the elderly suffer harm due to neglect or physical, emotional, or psychological abuse.
- Construction accidents - These include accidents that occur on construction sites due to negligence by either the employer or some other third party. Many of the injuries that arise from construction site accidents are covered by workers’ compensation. Still, you may need to pursue a personal injury claim to get the compensation you deserve in some cases.
- Wrongful death cases - These involve accidents that result in either immediate death or where the victim succumbs to their injuries at some later time.
Most of the cases we handle involve proving that the other party was negligent. Proving negligence requires you to prove that the other party failed to take reasonable care to avoid causing injury to others. Our Cody personal injury attorney knows which facts will be critical to your claim and how the law will apply to your case, helping you build the strongest possible claim.
Contact a Cody Personal Injury Attorney if You’ve Suffered a Serious Injury
We have helped thousands of clients get compensation for some of the most serious injuries, including the following:
- Concussions and traumatic brain injuries
- Broken bones
- Torn ligaments and tendons
- Severed limbs
- Electrocution injuries
- Contusions and lacerations
- Back and spinal cord injuries
- Dental and facial injuries
For people who have been severely injured in a serious accident, we recognize there may also be emotional or psychological trauma in addition to your bodily injuries. We help our clients get fair compensation when they suffer anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) due to their accident.
You must have the medical records you need to support your claim. They need to clearly indicate the cause of your injuries, your prognosis, and the recommended treatment. We work with your medical providers to ensure that your records are in order so that your claim can be processed as quickly as possible.
Personal Injury Compensation Available for Wyoming Victims
When pursuing a personal injury claim, there are a variety of different types of damages that you may be able to pursue that are both compensatory and non-monetary damages.
Compensatory damages for monetary losses include:
- Medical expenses
- Costs of living with a disability
- Lost wages
- Repair or replacement of property
- Funeral expenses
Non-monetary damages are sometimes difficult to calculate, but sometimes may be successfully pursued. Some non-monetary losses include:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
On occasion, an injured party may be able to obtain punitive damages. These types of damages are typically not designed to compensate the victim, but to punish the defendant for behavior that causes serious harm to another and to prevent others from engaging in behavior similar dangerous behavior.
When Should I Contact a Cody Personal Injury Attorney?
If you are injured by a negligent party, you should contact an injury law firm right away for a free legal consultation, especially anytime your injuries are severe and extensive medical treatment is needed. You may also want to speak with an attorney if you are feeling misled by an insurance carrier, doctor, or another person who may be involved with settling your claim. A Cody personal injury attorney you retain will have your best interests in mind and will advocate on your behalf.
Contact A Cody Personal Injury Attorney Today
Have you suffered a personal injury because of a negligent party in Wyoming? If so, Contact us today for a free consultation by calling our Wyoming office at 307-206-8418. We look forward to helping you obtain the compensation you deserve for your injuries