Let a Cody Motorcycle Accident Attorney Help After a Crash
In the event of an accident, motorcycle riders are much more likely to suffer severe injuries or death than other drivers. In addition, motorcycle accidents can be complicated - the cause can be difficult to identify by the inexperienced eye. Factors that would be unimportant in other car accidents can make a profound difference in a motorcycle accident. For these reasons, you should speak with a Cody motorcycle accident attorney from Ragain & Clark if you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident.
Common Causes of Wyoming Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcyclists face unique hazards compared to other drivers, hazards that often lead to serious accidents. One of the most common factors is visibility - drivers will say they just didn’t “see” the motorcycle before the accident. The causes can vary, but the following are some of the more common causes of motorcycle accidents:
- Left-turns: Many accidents are caused when cars make a left turn into an intersection in front of an oncoming motorcycle. Accidents also result when a vehicle makes a left turn when the motorcycle is passing from behind.
- Unsafe lane changes: Like left turns, many accidents are caused by drivers changing lanes without signaling or checking their blind spots.
- Head-on collisions: These accidents typically occur when one car moves into the oncoming lane to pass another vehicle - an example of when the driver doesn’t “see” the motorcyclist ahead.
- Tailgating: Motorcycles can stop in a much shorter distance than the average passenger vehicle. Accidents can occur quickly when a motorcycle stops suddenly, and the vehicle behind follows too closely.
- “Dooring:” This is when a driver opens their car door without looking for motorcycles - the suddenly open door can cause the rider to crash and fall into oncoming traffic. At a minimum, it can force the rider to swerve into the next lane without an opportunity to check for other vehicles.
Of course, these hazards are in addition to the same dangers that every other driver faces when on the road. Identifying the cause of your accident is critical because it will determine whether or not someone else’s negligence caused your accident. A Cody motorcycle accident attorney can help you determine whether someone else should be held liable for your injuries.
How a Cody Motorcycle Accident Attorney Can Help
In addition to helping determine the cause of your accident and who was at fault, a Cody motorcycle accident attorney can help you get the compensation you deserve. Many non-lawyers will settle their cases for far less than they are worth, with nowhere else to turn when their settlement doesn’t cover all of their losses. A Cody motorcycle accident lawyer can make sure you get fair compensation for the following:
- Your medical expenses
- Damage to your motorcycle or the cost of replacement
- Your lost wages
- Your pain and suffering
Contact Ragain & Clark Today to Get Your Claim Started
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, you could be facing exorbitant medical bills and other losses. Don’t let your accident change your life forever - a Cody motorcycle accident attorney can help you put your life back together. Contact us today at 307-388-6400 to schedule a free consultation.