The Most Common Type of Wyoming Medical Malpractice Cases
Ragain & Clark December 3, 2020
Many people are often slow to believe that they may have suffered harm at the hands of a trusted medical professional. Unfortunately, medical malpractice is much more common than many people realize. If you suspect that you’re a victim of medical malpractice, a Wyoming medical malpractice lawyer can help you get the compensation you need.
Failing to provide a proper diagnosis is perhaps the most common type of medical malpractice. When a doctor fails to make the correct diagnosis, it could result in delays in treatment that could result in irreparable harm and even death. Diagnostic errors usually fall into one of three categories:
- Misdiagnosis, where the doctor diagnoses you with the wrong illness.
- Failure to diagnose, where the doctor fails to identify any illness at all.
- Delayed diagnosis, when the doctor fails to make a diagnosis in a timely fashion.
There are many different factors that can result in misdiagnosis. If you believe that you were received a misdiagnosis that resulted in harm, a Cody medical malpractice lawyer can evaluate your case and determine whether you have a claim.
Prescription Drug Errors
Medication errors are another common form of medical malpractice that can result in serious harm. These errors can arise as follows:
- Failure to explain the potential risks, side effects, or complications related to the medication
- Prescribing the wrong medication to a patient
- Filling a patient’s prescription with the wrong medication
- Prescribing the wrong dosage
- Prescribing a medication that has dangerous side effects when combined with a medication the patient is already taking
While there are rarely any guarantees that surgery will be successful, there are numerous errors that can occur. If you’ve suffered as a result of any of the following errors, you should contact a Cody medical malpractice lawyer as soon as possible:
- The surgeon performed the wrong procedure
- The surgeon operated on the wrong body part
- There was damage to surrounding organs, muscles, tendons, ligaments, or other tissues
- Infection due to improper sterilization or inadequate postoperative care
- Anesthesia errors
Birth injuries occur when the baby suffers some type of trauma during the birthing process. Serious injuries can occur in the following situations:
- Improper use of forceps and other birthing devices
- Failure to adequately monitor the baby’s vital signs, especially oxygen levels
- Failure to timely perform a Caesarean section
- Pulling or twisting the baby’s head, arms, or neck during delivery, resulting in nerve damage and other injuries
Birth injuries can range from mild to severe. Severe birth injuries, however, can result in lifelong, permanent disabilities. If your child has suffered a birth injury, a Cody medical malpractice lawyer can help you get the compensation they deserve.
Call a Cody Medical Malpractice Lawyer for Help with Your Case
Medical malpractice can result in severe injuries and even death. An experienced Cody medical malpractice lawyer at Ragain & Clark can help you get the compensation you may be entitled to. To discuss your case and your options, call us at 307-388-6400 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation.